Welcome!

Welcome to the Seattle Arts Ecology, Spring 2008. Please make use of this space to track course activities and assignments, share observations, ask questions, post photos from field trips, plug upcoming shows . . . you name it.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Bioregional Thinking

As I read through this article a lot of things he points out are very true. They are things that we all know are happening but choose to ignore because its our new and easy way of living. The thoughts that came to mind for me is the way we have adapted the new technological world and how it seems normal for us now. I am from Montana and this really hit home when he was talking about the new adaptations that we experience take us away from the real beauty of the world we live in. Cell phones, computers, cars, ect...they all are taking us away from really realizing what is going on around us. Being from a small rural town in Montana, I have grown up to appreciate the land around me...because it's the only form of entertainment we have :) My dad has always been the outdoors type so i was dragged to every possible hiking trip and camping escapade. I hated it at the time, but now living in such a large community I take it for granted. Seattle is great and has SO many oppurtunities for many people, it is a large growing commerce and supplies many people with great jobs. I think people just need to really sit back and forget about all the conveniences to just take in the wonderful atmosphere we live in. Its hard to do that when we are in such an advanced technological period, i think if you try to not give in to so many easy ways of doing things you will be able to enjoy what this world has to offer you.

No comments: