Welcome!

Welcome to the Seattle Arts Ecology, Spring 2008. Please make use of this space to track course activities and assignments, share observations, ask questions, post photos from field trips, plug upcoming shows . . . you name it.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Masturbatory Philosophy

I find it hard to tap into and really relate to a lot of texts in this style because very often I feel that they're unnecessarily dense, overdone, and well... masturbatory. That said, I didn't easily understand most of the points and issues that Thayler Jr. was trying to communicate.

The first paragraph starts out with the stereotypical questions of existance and purpose that are commonly discussed among philosophers and uses that as a theme and anchor to his subject, likely...

--------------------

I'm having the hardest time formulating and points about Jr.'s peice because I just didn't get it I guess. It may be from turning my self off to it because I felt he was a little too into himself, it may be from having to read it over a period of many days and in many peices and it definitely may be his supieror vocarbulary that far surpassed my own and left me daydreaming, zoning out and napping while I read.
I don't feel informed enough to really critique his ideas and theories.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: