Welcome!

Welcome to the Seattle Arts Ecology, Spring 2008. Please make use of this space to track course activities and assignments, share observations, ask questions, post photos from field trips, plug upcoming shows . . . you name it.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

bioregional thinking

It's late.. past my bed-time... but i'm still going to do my best!!! Last year, an article I wrote for our school newspaper got published in the Wenatchee World (Wenatchee's newspaper)... who cares... right? Well, the article I wrote happened to be on how technology can make us neglect our lives. I spent a lot of time thinking about the different ways this is true and I sure did come up with a gigantic list!!! The one that stands out to me right now is that when we were in elementary school (well at least me), I pretty much walked everywhere... since I didn't have a car. Now that I have one... I rely on it to take me 1 block down the street to visit a friend. But when I was younger... why not walk? Even though one block seems like a very short distance, alot could happen in those two minutes. It could be as big as just taking in the environment that surrounds us or as little as noticing the new flowers your neighbors just planted... to be continued tomorrow sometime before class... I'm tired!!!! Goodnight.

No comments: